safety
We Talked to the Guy Whose Boosted Board Blew Up

On Wednesday, web developer Rick Bross was faced an unusual problem. His electric skateboard’s battery malfunctioned, filling his entire apartment with smoke and scaring the hell out of his roommate. The incident was just one of two recent cases involving Boosted Boards, a brand of electric skateboards, where the batteries spontaneously “vented”, a non-technical term used by the company to describe an electrical engineering problem also known as thermal runaway that causes batteries to overheat and potentially explode. Read More >>

samsung
Man’s Replacement Galaxy Note 7 Catches Fire, Samsung Accidentally Texts “I Can Try and Slow Him Down”

A third replacement Samsung Galaxy Note 7 has caught fire. Michael Klering of Nicholasville, Kentucky told WKYT that he woke up at 4am and his room was filled with smoke. The phone that Samsung had recently replaced was burning. “It wasn’t plugged in. It wasn’t anything, it was just sitting there,” he said. Read More >>

wtf
An Alleged Samsung Galaxy S4 Explosion Completely Destroyed This Apartment

It's one thing if your phone bursts into flames and cooks up your leg-meat real bad, but that's nothing compared to losing your whole apartment in an inferno. That's exactly what a Hong Kong man claims happened to him while he was just plugging away at Love Machine (an app, not a euphemism) on his Galaxy S4. Read More >>